3 cups / 375g raw cashews
3 cups / 240g unsweetened desiccated coconut
¾ tsp. large flake sea salt (I used Maldon)
¼ cup / 23g raw cacao powder
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
3 Tbsp. cacao nibs
seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1. Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C. Spread cashews out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Toast for about 10 minutes, keeping an eye on them so that they don’t burn! Remove from oven and let cool.
2. While the cashews are in the oven, toast the coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until slightly golden. Remove from heat and set aside. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may want to work in batches.
3. Place the coconut in a food processor. Blend on high, scraping down the sides every so often, until the coconut is creamy and smooth (this make take up to 10 minutes, depending on the strength of your food processor – be patient!).
4. Add the cashews to the food processor and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high. Taste and adjust saltiness / sweetness / chocolate levels to suit your taste.
5. Store Bali Butter in an airtight glass container at room temperature (out of the fridge) for one month.